Home is where the heart is, or so they say. A house is only a home because of it’s residents and their activities. The little gestures makes the household a place to return to. Children in particular, are only interested in things that they like individually or as a group. A household can be comfortable and a major attraction without going to great extremes. A few activities that are carried out constantly will keep your home neat and organized, making you, your kids and guest very comfortable. Here are some activities you can carry out to have your home looking as good as new:
- Empty the trash daily: It may seem so routine and obvious, when you allow your trash to build up, it cause unpleasant smells and discomfort to everyone in the house. You may pretend to be fine with it, but your kids and guests likely won’t be. Thus, it is best to empty the trash on a daily basis.
- Regularly dust appliances: Appliances like the television, as well as equipment surfaces tend to attract dust. Regardless of the time of the year, season or weather, these appliances and equipment always seem to attract dust. It is best to dust them as frequently as possible.
- Eliminate or reduce bug population: Bugs can be a major turn-off to guests and inhabitants of a house. Bugs like cockroaches seem to be everywhere, no matter how new a house is. There are pesticides that helps to eliminate or reduce the bug population of any home, giving your home the bug free nature it deserves.
- Clean the walls: Children are very eager to test new skills and once they learn to write, even the walls become just another notepad or drawing pad. They write and draw on the walls, making it unappealing. You don’t have to repaint the whole walls to get rid of the works of art, you can simply use baking soda, and have your walls looking good as new.
- Clean bathroom surfaces with vodka: Bathroom and toilet surfaces tend to have stubborn stains. Rather than seek out fancy toilet cleaners that may not be able to remove these stains, you can always just use vodka. Apply vodka on the affected area and scrub, soon you’ll have your bathroom or toilet looking as good as new.
- Clean carpets with washing liquids: Your carpet gets different stains and substances stuck to it. This can cause it produce an unpleasant smell, making the home uncomfortable. Such smells can be removed by the use of washing liquids.
- Keep your fridge smelling nice: Refrigerators usually smell funny thanks to all the different foods they house. Each time you open the door of the fridge, you may feel a bit sick, thanks to bad odor. You can get rid of the smell by slicing a lemon and placing it in your fridge, to overshadow any unpleasant smells.
All these little habits will make your household pleasant once again, and give you peace of mind.